COUSIN CONNECT


Monday 22 September 2008

CROSS STITCH

The month is nearly finished, and this is my first post. My excuse is that I have got back into my cross stitch, and also machine embroidery, and as any craft person will tell you - time just seems to slip away.

One of my favourite cross stitch designers is Jill Oxton, and I was lucky enough to obtain her Volume 1 magazine through the Bookmooch site. As my budget permits, I have been acquiring the back issues of the magazine - Jill Oxton's Cross Stitch Australia and the patterns are wonderful.
Have started an aboriginal design - a Platypus, which is stitched in vibrant colours, and I can see myself sewing the others in the series.

One of the ladies in the craft group had a clean out of some!! of her craft books, and I was able to obtain more cross stitch magazines.

Back to my sewing.

No comments: