COUSIN CONNECT


Wednesday 17 December 2008

ANNE OF GREEN GABLES by LM Montgomery

My childhood memories of this story are dim, but I can say that this time around, enjoyed reading the tale of Anne Shirley coming to live with Marilla and Matthew at Green Gables.
So many pages reached out with lovely phrases, morals etc. that it was hard to remember all of them. One I liked ;
"It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There would be no scope for imagination then, would there? (Anne talking to Matthew).
and another -
"I do love patchwork, said Anne dolefully, as she hunts through her work basket. I think some kinds of sewing would be nice; but there's no scope for imagination in patchwork. It's just one little seam after another and you never seem to be getting anywhere".

Having never read the other books that follow on from this story, I have now accessed the Bookmooch site, to obtain the other books.

No comments: