COUSIN CONNECT


Wednesday 23 July 2008

READING LIST 2008 FOR BURRUM FILLYS

Now that I am adding more postings on books/reading etc. I felt it opportune to post the reading list for the book group that I run.

When I selected the books for the year, I made up a small scrapbook for each of the ladies, with motifs and writing about each book. Must admit to being quite pleased with the result, and the ladies just loved their copies.

Anyway here is our reading list:

THE VILLA IN ITALY - Elizabeth EDMONDSON (January)
THE WINTHROP WOMAN - Anya SETON (February)
THE GREENGAGE SUMMER - Rumer GODDEN (March)
THE TENDERNESS OF WOLVES - Stef PENNEY (April)
SHANTARAM - Gregory David ROBERTS (May)
COME IN SPINNER - Dymphna CUSACK & Florence JAMES (June)
THE TEAHOUSE FIRE - Ellis AVERY (July)
MUSIC & SILENCE - Rose TREMAIN (August)
THE JANISSARY TREE - Jason GOODWIN (September)
THE FIREMASTER'S MISTRESS - Christie DICKASON (October)
FIRST LADY - Michael DOBBS (November)
SEA CHANGE - Robert GODDARD (December)

So far, we have enjoyed most of the books, but I was not over enthused on The Tenderness of Wolves and Music and Silence.

No comments: