COUSIN CONNECT


Sunday 13 January 2008

RESULTS OF BREAD MAKING

As a follow up to my earlier post on the Lumina bread machine - success with the Fruit Loaf, to a degree, and next time will made a bigger loaf.
I made a Wholegrain loan yesterday, using a bread mix - Laucke, and very pleased with the result.
My previous breadmaker had just about given up the ghost, and I had been using it constantly for over 10 years (Breville). I have found with the Laucke mixes that the texture is very soft, and once the bread is made, I leave for a few days in a plastic bag, then slice with an electric knife. Otherwise too soft to slice with a bread knife.
In between my baking days, have commenced rearranging my family history files, and uploading further details onto the GENES REUNITED website, which is a great place to make contact with people who also maybe researching the same family names.
Since the BBC has been running the popular series "Who do you think you are", there has been a huge increase in people undertaking family research.
I have been lucky enough to have friends in England who have taped the series and sent me copies of some of the shows.
SBS TV here in Australia has now taken on the concept, and tonight at 7.30pm (13th Jan 2008), the first in the series, with Jack Thompson as the celebrity person.

I should add to this post, that if anyone out there is researching the TACK family from Buckinghamshire, would like to make contact. There are quite a few people on the Genes Reunited site who have made contact with me about the family, and I am keeping fingers crossed that the same will hold with my family name, as there are lots of loose threads.
Anyone out there researching a DAVID COWLEY from Manchester, whose occupation was a Gold Beater in the mid 1800's?

No comments: