COUSIN CONNECT


Monday 18 February 2008

KNITTED DISHCLOTHS

My fingers and thoughts are turning to knitting and crochet - the class at our local craft group today was for a Beaded Crochet Cover. This can be used to cover your glass, wine glass etc. from the neverending insects that we share our environment with in the summer heat.
I know my limitations and decided not to do the class - my crochet is still in the basic stage, and am comfortable with a large crochet hook (4 or 4.5)doing squares for a rug.
My preference is for knitting and I am getting itchy fingers to start browsing through my patterns once again, and go through my yarn stash to see what I can make.
Our summer heat usually puts a stop to the knitting, but we have been lucky so far and the temperature has cooled down.
The Craft Group is going on a bus trip to Bundaberg next Thursday 28th, and everyone will converge on the Spotlight Store - here's hoping that there is a good selection of yarns to browse, touch and hopefully buy.
One of my favourite items to knit is Dishcloths. Knitted in cotton, I have given bundles of these to my friends to use in the kitchen. They are great to use, can be thrown in the washing machine with your towels etc. and reused again and again.
If you have a stash of these, you could use a clean one every day in the kitchen.

Lots of sites to check out for free patterns, and all you need to do is type into Google, free patterns for knitted dishcloths and choose the designs that you like.
Some patterns are also featured on peoples Blogs and here is one to check out:

www.WhimsicalKnitting.Blogspot.com

the yarn I like using is LionBrand, which is 100% cotton and you can now buy this on line in Australia. Organic Cotton is also available, and I have also knitted with this yarn - very nice to use.

Before you throw those terrible supermarket cloths into your shopping basket, think again and knit some yourself.

Harking back to a recipe posted earlier - Vanilla Slice - I made this again on the weekend, and mixed chopped mango through the mixture. Yum, Yum is all I can say.
My husband just loves this slice.

1 comment:

Lisa C. said...

In response to your question about "Movies to Knit by". These are movies that make me feel relaxed. Because they are favorites that I have seen more than once, I can keep track of them while keeping track of my knitting. I would classify them as relaxing rather than boring. Good luck with your book club.