COUSIN CONNECT


Monday 25 February 2008

MASKEY FAMILY HISTORY

Have had quite a few contacts regarding this family name, and the descendents from William MASKEY and Mary BIRD are far and wide.
One of the Maskey family, ALMA KEZIA MASKEY, married GEORGE WILLIAM NEEDHAM-WALKER.
Alma was the daughter of William Maskey and Angelina Maud FLOOD.In 2006 I came across a site on the net that had the family story of the NEEDHAM WALKERS. The person who had compiled it, Barry Walker, is the great grandson of George Needham Walker and Eliza Helen Knox.(38 pages in all).
Have since tried to find the site, but it must have been removed, so am glad that I did print out all the pages.
Anyway I am now able to share this story with other family researchers and have just today sent a CD to a contact in New Zealand.
My next family name to get further into is LIDDIATT. William Arthur LIDDIATT married Lydia Louise TACK (one of my husband's aunts). Have got a few details going back to Daniel LIDDIATT and Ann GOUGH.
I am enjoying the research side of all this, and it was wonderful to hear from another contact on my mothers DUTTON/GREIG side. This lady has now made contact with my mother, and after chatting on the phone for almot 1 1/2 hours, they are to meet up face to face.

No comments: