COUSIN CONNECT


Saturday 2 May 2009

BOOK BLOGS

I have been having a wonderful time this afternoon, checking out blogs that I follow, and my TO BE READ list is growing even longer.
Had a quick trip into my local library, where there were 3 reservations waiting for me, and of course, had to scan the shelves like I always do. So besides the 3 books to collect, I came home with another 3, plus books for my husband as well.

Here is what I got:

THE KITE RIDER by Geraldine McCaughrean
(saw a recommendation for this on a site and sounded okay).

THE THIRTEENTH TALE - Diane Setterfield
(another recommendation)

INKSPELL - Cornelia FUNKE
Book 2 in the Series, and I have just finished reading INKHEART. Great story.

AN ICE COLD GRAVE - Charlaine HARRIS
This author's books are on a lot of reading lists.
The Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer has sparked a surge in vampire stories.

HAVING THE BUILDERS IN
HAVING THE DECORATORS IN - both by Reay Tannahill

These books have been on my TBR list for quite a while - grabbed them this morning when I saw them on the shelves.
The front cover says - A delicious story of medieval rivalry, chivalry and masonry
(Having the Builders In)

An utterly charming novel of medieval passion, politics and paint pots (Having the Decorators IN).

So I had better get cracking and finish off PEOPLE OF THE BOOK by Geraldine Brooks.
This is a set book for my reading group, and am enjoying the story very much.

No comments: