COUSIN CONNECT


Thursday 7 January 2010

SEWING - APRONS

I have a good excuse for staying indoors at the moment and catching up with my sewing. RAIN and how wonderful it is to see the garden come back to life, and the trees reviving. The grass is growing by the day and once the sun comes out, then the mowers will be out in force.

Here are a few aprons that I made (in a day actually) - and got enthusiastic about this after reading a few posts on one of the blogs that I follow - Down to Earth.
A good time was had searching on the net for patterns and this is what I came up with.

First one is an apron you can make from a Vintage Pillowcase. I had just a plain one that I decided to embellish. The details are from a Blog called Whoopsie Daisies Days


The embellishments for the pockets are canvas bags that I purchased rolled oats and SR Flour in. Added the braid from my stash at the hem.

Next creation is another Pillowcase Apron, with a pocket and this is from a blog called Lipstick and Laundry



Last one is from a site that had a tutorial called Apron in an hour tutorial by Jona Giammalva. Good pattern as it only requires one fat quarter for the main apron and 1/2 yard of fabric for the waistband and ties.



I hope this inspires you to get out the sewing machine. Quite enjoy wearing an apron now, as it certainly saves the clothes a bit and you can use up some of your stash - tea towels, pillowcases etc.

No comments: