COUSIN CONNECT


Saturday 21 June 2008

HEART OF THE DREAMING BY DI MORRISSEY

I am a fan of this author, but admit that I didn't get wrapt in this story.
Read as very wishy/washy and prefer the author's later books which have much better story lines.
Ones that come to mind are TEARS OF THE MOON and the sequel, KIMBERLEY SUN - which are set in Broome; THE VALLEY (story covers history, families and a mother and daughter search for the past - set in the Manning Valley of New South Wales).

Noticed in my book journal that I had also read THE LAST MILE HOME, and my comments mirror the ones above. Very bland characters.

THE REEF - a bit slow at the start,but interesting sections on the diversity of the Reef and the studies being carried out. Also brings in tourist developments as well.

No comments: