COUSIN CONNECT


Thursday 26 June 2008

LUMINA BREAD MACHINE

Well after only 6 months, the bread machine gave up the ghost. Being under warranty, I was able to take the machine back to my local ALDI, and get a full refund.
So I am now the owner of a KENWOOD BREAD MAKER (BM250). Made my first loaf today, and looks good - haven't given it the taste test as yet. This machine also has the option of making Gluten Free Bread, which is a bonus.
I think that the Lumina machine may not have been slotted in correctly, and somehow the paddles jammed.
While on the subject of food, a recipe that was featured on the Sanitarium Nutrition Service website is - TWO POTATO BAKE.
Very tasty potato dish, and I halved the recipe, as there is only me and my husband.

INGREDIENTS;
1kg sweet potato, peeled & thinly sliced
1 kg potato, peeled & thinly sliced
35g packet salt reduced French onion soup
2 x 375g can light and creamy evaporated milk
3 slices wholemeal bread, crumbled (I used packaged breadcrumbs)
1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup pine nuts (I used slivered almonds)

Layer sweet potato and potato in a 20cm x 35cm rectangular ovenproof dish.

Preheat oven to 180degreesC. Sprinkle with soup mix. Pour over evaporated milk.
Combine fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs, parmesan and pinenuts and sprinkle over potato.
Bake in a moderate oven for 1 hour or until golden and slightly thickened.

No comments: