COUSIN CONNECT


Saturday 21 June 2008

RECIPES FOR BREAD MACHINES

One of my favourite bread recipes comes from a magazine that I bought from the newsagent - THE GOOD LIFE BREAD BOOK, which has a wonderful array of bread recipes - for bread machines and by hand.
The recipe is for a CRACKED WHEAT AND SUNFLOWER BREAD and I add a few extras:

1 1/2 teaspoons yeast
1 2/3 cups wholemeal flour (I have used both bread mix flour and wholemeal flour)
1 cup bread flour (I am using Bakers flour at the moment)
1 tsp bread improver
1 1/2 tablespoons milk powder
2 tablespoons cracked wheat (I add Wheatgerm)
2 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
310ml water

I also add a sprinkling of sesame seeds.

This recipe is done on the basic setting of your bread machne. Put the ingredients in the order that your bread machines requires. This makes a 750g loaf.

No comments: