COUSIN CONNECT


Tuesday 15 December 2009

PRUNE AND BRAN MUFFINS

This recipe has been adapted to suit Low GI requirements. My mother found this recipe sometime back and recommended that I try. Since then, the muffins have become one of my favourites - and they also freeze well.
Even my husband likes the taste!!

Ingredients
1 cup Natural All Bran (I use the breakfast cereal All Bran)
1 cup Boiling water
1 cup Pitted prunes (chopped)
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons oil (Grapeseed or Rice Bran if you prefer) - I use 1/3 cup of oil
2 eggs beaten (recipe said 1, but 2 eggs make a better mixture)
1 cup SR Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder

Method
Soak bran with boiling water - stand for 40 minutes (by then the mixture is cool)

Stir prunes and sugar into bran mixture. Add oil and egg mixture. Mix well.
(think this is the secret. Bran sets so mix the egg and oil mixture into it very well).

Fold into this, the sifted flour until just combined.
Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for about 20 minutes - cool.
Makes 8.

I use a large 6 hole muffin pan when I make these muffins.

No comments: