COUSIN CONNECT


Monday 2 March 2009

LILLIAN ADAMS




I have been given quite a few old photos by my mother and some are of Lillian.

My childhood memories of her vague and it always felt like a chore when we were children, to visit her and my uncle and his son. They never had their own home, and always rented. Last place I recall was on Waterworks Road and whenever I passed by the house in later years, always remembered them.
Lillian passed away 31 May 1977 and how I wish that I could have or had the inclination to ask questions of her family background. Her parents were Clarence Thomas ADAMS and Elizabeth GALLAGHER.

Clarence's parents were William ADAMS and Sarah Jane LINSLEY (William was a convict transported from Norfolk England, and Sarah was the child of convicts).

The photos show my mother as a baby (probably 20 months); Mum (Pearl Rosina) at New Farm park rose garden, taken by her grandmother, Rosina.
The group of ladies is - Gladys Irene; Doris May (my grandmother); Lillian who is holding my mother Pearl.

No comments: