COUSIN CONNECT


Monday 2 March 2009

RICHARD DUTTON and LILLIAN ADAMS



I thought it appropriate that I continue with adding some family details and photos in relation to my family research. This was prompted by receiving a phone call, out of the blue as the saying goes, from a second cousin on my mother's side.
Family name is DUTTON, and this person is the grandson of Frederick Richard DUTTON and Emma Elizabeth DOUGALL, who were married in Fortitude Valley Brisbane on the 22 Oct 1932. Frederick Richard was the son of Richard DUTTON and Lillian ADAM (my grandparents also).
My research came to a halt, after the marriage of Frederick and Emma, as all I knew were the names of their children - Joan Shirley, Frederick Richard and Marjorie Loretta.
Now I know that Frederick Richard married, had 5 children, and his son Fred was my contact today.
Have sent off family details to him, and phoned my mother, who was excited as well, and she can remember (Frederick)Richard from many years ago.

Patience is a virtue with family research - eventually information comes to light, contact is made and I am ready to hit the Ancestry site and others once again.

Back to the great grandparents (Richard and Lillian).
Richard was born 9th February 1886 at Spring Hill Brisbane (parents Frederick James DUTTON and Margaret COSGROVE).
He married Lillian ADAMS 23 Nov 1907 Milton Brisbane and at the time of his marriage, he was a Wicker Worker, aged 20 and Lillian was aged 18.
They had 4 children:
Frederick Richard - 2 June 1908 (died 17 Dec 1952)
Gladys Irene - 16 Feb 1910 (died 5 Dec 1938)
Doris May - 3 Feb 1915 (died 4 Apr 1980) - my grandmother
Leonard Henry -0 1916 (died 1989)

Richard died at 37 years of age on the 17 Oct 1923 of Pulmonary tuberculosis and I seem to recall that some of the children were sent to live with other people after this, as Lillian could not look after them. The childrens ages at that time ranged from 15 down to 6 years.

The photos above are of Richard DUTTON and his gravestone which is in the Toowong cemetery Brisbane.

Will continue in further posts.

No comments: