COUSIN CONNECT


Friday 10 July 2009

EMILY KITCHEN

I believe that I may have found out some details on the lady who married my gt. grandfather, David Henry SMTIH.
David's first wife was Rosina GARGARO (Watson), who died in 1964 and I have guessed that it was around 1967 that David and Emily married.
I have been unable to obtain a copy of their marriage certificate, as Emily still has living relatives, so I have had to go the long way round.

Emily was about about 1904 and died in March 2007. She is buried at Hemmant Cemetery Brisbane.
My first option was to look through the microfiche of the BDM's for Queensland and the online indexes as well.
One entry that is likely is for EMILY BENGTSSON, born 10 November 1903 Queensland, parents names - Jons BENGTSSON and Elina NILSSON.
Elina died 16 August 1911, aged 39 years and was born in Sweden. Can find no second marriage for Jons Bengtsson.

A search was made on the National Archives of Australia site for a George KITCHEN.
There is an entry for a George KITCHEN - Service No. Q212942 - born 29th April 1903 Bundamba Queensland; enlisted at Gladstone Queensland. Next of kin - Emily KITCHEN.
Have ordered the relative file and this hopefully will reveal some information.

Had narrowed down who Emily married by searching the indexes where I found a marriage in 1932 (29th March) for a George KITCHEN and Emily BENGTSSON.

Also found a death for George KITCHEN 12th August 1961 (parents George KITCHEN and Margaret THOMPSON.

Hopefully I may get another step forward with this research.

No comments: