COUSIN CONNECT


Tuesday 28 July 2009

THE GARDEN BOOK by Brian Castro

The Garden Book The Garden Book by Brian Castro


My rating: 1 of 5 stars
I had selected this book to read as an own choice for my book group and was disappointed.
As I have written in my journal - A NO SHOW on this BOOK.

Written on a much high level of words than I enjoy. - skipped quite a lot of pages but still couldn't get enthused.

Basically the story is set in the Dandenong Ranges in Victoria (Australia) in the years between the Depression and the Second World War.
The story revolves around Sway Hay, born Shuang He, daughter of a country school teacher, her marriage to the brutal Darcy Damon and her love affair with the aviator and architect, Jasper Zenlin.
50 years after her disappearance, Norman Shih, a rare book librarian pieces together Swan's chaotic life from clues found in libraries and antique bookshops and her own writings.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: